Thursday, July 13, 2017

G. Dean Manuel - Author Spotlight

This week's author spotlight is on G. Dean Manuel, an amazing writer, a great friend, an all around awesome guy.  His work is fluid and graceful. His personality, warm, charming, and witty.  I have yet to read a story that doesn't impress me with its genius or have a conversation with him that doesn't make me smile.


G. Dean Manuel


Q. Where are you from? 
A. Originally, I was born in Subic Bay, Philippines, on a naval base, but now I reside in the state of Confusion. It is right next to the state of Misery... Some people call it Kansas. 

Q. Which genre(s) do you write? Which do you read? 
A. I write all genres really, except nonfiction. Not really good there. I mainly focus on fantasy /scifi... I like my head in the clouds. 

Q. What is the first thing you remember writing? 
A. "A Unicorn Day"  It was a book made of glue and construction paper with the most horrendous drawings. It was all about the fast in the life of a unicorn named Henry. 

Q. What inspires you? 
A. I draw inspiration from many things. Almost everything. I got one whole listening to a song by Lindsey Stirling called "Shatter Me." A different story was based off another of her videos, "Take Flight," but I draw from many sources. Life. Life is my inspiration. 





Q. Where can we find your work online? 
A. Oh dear... That's a lot of places. The very main place... the one I can't stress the most, basically because it is one of that is central... My BLOG!  





Q. What can we expect from you in the future? 
A. So many things... The cure for cancer? No, I would be the target of pharmaceutical hit squads. I've aligned myself with several projects plus some of my own. I have submitted work to an anthology "Heart of A Child." Two stories there, which I will share on my blog if they aren't accepted. Ummmm... Websites, I submitted one to www.wordsandbrushes.com which is a website that combines art and writing. I'm working on my superhero novel, "Cubicle" and a funny parody novel called "Godnapping." What else... Hmm maybe... Working on my own anthology, a series of five stories that I dubbed "Tugs at the Heartstrings" until I come up with a better title. I am collaborating with Jen Snow on another anthology called "The Human Infection" plus I'm working on my blog... If you guys support me, I can better and fuller content. Even expand out! 

Q. What is something people should know about you?
A. The ladies need to control themselves. I have a girlfriend. And... I'm silly on the surface but then you peel back a layer and... I'm still silly. What? Oh well, if you want the serious and dramatic side of me you have to dig deeper. It is there. Anyone that's read src things as "Conversations with Jesus" can't help but think I'm deep. Just be prepared to not be able to sync my writing with my public personal. 



Q.  Anything you'd like to add? 
A. Yeah... I'd love to add about a Mullin to my bank account. HAHAHAHA! 

Check out G Dean Manuel's BIO

I highly recommend checking out Mr Manuel's work. I have read most of his pieces and am truly honored he agreed to partner with me on an anthology project. I'll update on the progress of that as we go. Also, be sure to follow this author on his blog. Always a great read! 


No comments:

Post a Comment