Friday, October 21, 2022

Vanessa Zisman: Author Spotlight


Vanessa Zisman 

Van, V, Storm, The Writing Wench, Erotic_goddess, The Wild Child, Mom, The Problem Child... no matter the name, I'm known as a poet and writer by night and a mother of six and slave by day. Though I've never been published, officially, I picked up my pen when I was seven and never put it back down. I am most known for my dark, morbid, and sometimes erotic, poetry and prose, but I have written several short stories and even a novel that I am still currently writing titled, The Curse of Eden. It's a story of a young woman tortured and killed by a sexual sadist only to haunt and seek revenge as a spirit. 

Instagram: @vanessalynnzisman

WebsiteErotic Goddess

FacebookStoRm Between The Bites


Awards

  Deep Underground Poetry:

  • Poet Of The Month, April 2016

  • Valentine Crushing Season Competition Winner, March 2020

  • When A Lie Is The Truth Competition Winner, January 2021

  • Breakout Competition Winner, November 2017

  • Sensuality Competition Winner, March 2016

   Scribblers Writing Organization:
  • Writers Choice Poetry Winner, January 2017


Interesting facts
I didn't have an easy life. I was fourteen when I survived a sexual sadist who initially cloaked himself as a trustworthy friend.

At fifteen, I was an addict. My dad took me away from Charlotte, NC, where I'd lived all of my life, and took me to Raleigh, NC, where I got clean and started working in one of his offices. 

At sixteen, I lived on my own with the man who became my kids' father (he was twenty-seven at the time) and who I later found out was a narcissist. I was with him for fourteen years; the last seven were a living hell. At thirty-one, I finally left him.


Inspirations 

My six kids: Tyler, Abby, Sara, Ethan, Autumn, and Chloe.

My four step-children: Alissa, Leah, Gavin, and Eden.

My son's fiancé, whom I consider my daughter, no matter where she is: N'dia.

My son-in-law, Austin.

My parents: Wade and Andrea. Especially my dad, who has been pushing me to do what I was meant to do and pursue my writing since I was a child.

I also have a small group of very close friends who keep me grounded and drive me crazy, but push me to succeed every day!


Hobbies and Such Things 
Obviously writing …cooking, dancing (even though I'm definitely terrible at it), ax throwing, laser tag, shopping, engaging in real intelligent and informative conversation, writing music, and literally anything that involves spending quality time with my kids and the people I care about!


Why should we read your work, watch you grow as a writer, follow you, love you? Why?
You never read the same thing twice with me. I aim to keep the reader guessing until the very end. Every piece of work is a new ride. Might want to buckle up!!!


A Letter to My Readers:

I want to give a huge thank you to the people who have inspired and pushed me to not only follow my dreams, but also tell my story! 

As a wise woman once said: "When I finally get the opportunity to sleep, I can't. The writer in me won't let me be until I weave, and the people I love won't give up until I sleep!" 

Thank you to all those who voted for me. It's an honor to be seen for my writing and not my appearance for once! 

~ Vanessa Zisman


Read Vanessa's Contest Winning Short Story: DECISIONS


No comments:

Post a Comment