Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Writer's Choice Poetry Contest Winner

Out of Isolation
by Nessa Zisman



What​ ​genre(s)​ ​do​ ​you​ ​write? 
Non fiction, poetry, Sci-fi, psychological thrillers.

Which​ ​do​ ​you​ ​prefer​ ​to​ ​write:​ ​short​ ​stories,​ ​poetry,​ ​novellas,​ ​novels,​ ​essays,​ ​nonfiction… ?
Poetry, Novels.

What​ ​genre(s)​ ​do​ ​you​ ​read? 
I try to keep an open mind, but am typically drawn to the horror genre.

What​ ​made​ ​you​ ​want​ ​to​ ​become​ ​a​ ​writer? 
Writing has always been a big part of who I am, I picked up my pen at 7 year's old and felt at home and free to express myself or escape into my own creations, for me it was better then facing reality at times.

What​ ​is​ ​your​ ​first​ ​memory​ ​of​ ​writing? 
I remember writing fairy tales (imagine that) For my younger sister when we were growing up, we would often turn them into plays and act them out for our parents at bedtime (embarrassing)

What​ ​and​ ​/or​ ​Who​ ​inspires​ ​you​r ​writing? My kids are by far my biggest inspirations.

What​ ​is​ ​your​ ​favorite​ ​book?  
100 love sonnets by Pablo Neruda

What​ ​turns​ ​you​ ​away​ ​from​ ​a​ ​book? 
Flaws in a plot line

Who​ ​is​ ​your​ ​favorite​ ​author(s)? 
Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Pablo Neruda

Are​ ​you​ ​a​ ​published​ ​writer?​ ​If​ ​so,​ ​what​ ​have​ ​you​ ​published?​ ​If​ ​not,​ ​are​ ​you​ ​planning​ ​to publish​ ​or​ ​is​ ​writing​ ​simply​ ​for​ ​pleasure? No, I am currently in the final stages of publishing my first novel Children's Books Shouldn't Be Written, a psychological thriller set for release April 3rd.

Learn more about Nessa Zisman: The Writing Wench
Read her winning poem: Out of Isolation

No comments:

Post a Comment