Friday, November 17, 2017

Author Spotlight - Vincent Piazza


Vincent Piazza is one of the Old or Ancient Ones, the Elder Gods, of cosmic good, and those of cosmic evil, bearing many names, and themselves of different groups, as if associated with the elements and yet transcending them: for there are the Water Beings, hidden in the depths; those of Air that are the primal lurkers beyond time; those of Earth, horrible animate survivors of distant eons.....or perhaps he’s just some asshole who waits for words to come scrabbling out of his head, clawing at his skull, skittering upon a keyboard in New Orleans, you decide.

Facebook Page
Twitter
Instagram

About... 
Artist,Writer, Taoist, Manager at Heads Up Emporium, I have many hats…This most of all: I ask myself in the most silent hour of night: must I do Art? I dig into myself for a deep answer. And if this answer rings out in assent, if I meet this solemn question with a strong, simple “I must,” then I build my life in accordance with this necessity; My whole life, even into its humblest and most indifferent hour, must become a sign and witness to this impulse. Then, as if no one had ever tried before, I try to create what I see and feel and love and lose and gain from the path I walk…

Inspirations... 
I’m inspired by the odd and unsure. Starting something I have no idea how to finish, witnessing people go for something new and strange – anything that has the potential for failure, walks dark corridors, wins in spite of itself, gets my heart and creativity pumping.



I am honored to have Vincent as a dear friend. He is not only an amazingly talented writer, but an extraordinary artist as well. I have several custom pieces commissioned on canvas (the above being my favorite)  and, because I'm lucky like this, I also have his piece featured in an episode of NCIS! I have done a bit of stalking to bring you the art exhibits below. Enjoy...
— J Snow

Raw Artists (epic sideshow and where I stole a bit of his information *shhh*)
Behance

Read Vincent's winning poem

No comments:

Post a Comment