Saturday, May 20, 2017

My First Novel


The words above have become my inspiration, my life's blood.

I grew up reading Stephen King. I will venture to say he is still my favorite word wizard, closely followed by Dean Koontz. Same genre, similar style, so much suspense I'm careful not to begin a book by either without the assurance I can handle a few nights without sleep, for I will spend them turning pages in sweat smeared delirium.

This is what I hope to accomplish, what I dream to master – the art of telling a story in such a way that the reader is spellbound, hooked by the eyelids as night creeps past, captivated by carefully intertwined terror and euphoria.


This morning I wrote 1800 of my 300 word goal in what I hope to be my first novel. My go-to genre is suspense-thriller, but I'm trying my hand with the addition of scifi for The Collectives, the story of a teenage brainiac that has been selected to participate as a beta tester for a new social media platform where words have consequences and thoughts are transformed into living nightmares.

And that's all I'm saying for now. Start tuned for snippets to come.


Happy reading, happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment