Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Free Book Online

A friend turned me on to a free online novel. Yes, I know there are many, but this one has me by the hairy little brain cells. 

The plot is unique in ways I cannot describe with human words. I'm not yet sure to which genre it belongs, but I'm guessing it spans several. I have only made it about ¼ of the way in, but I was hooked from page 1. 

The creativity and surrealism have a hypnotizing effect. A rare find indeed. I'm enjoying the journey and can only hope the ending lives up to my expectation. 

Only 100 free copies available. Grab one before they're gone! 


Soldier On
By Greg Manuel

He is the soldier. That is all he knows. He has lost his platoon, his squadmates are dead, and he has lost himself somewhere along the way. Lost in a war-torn Europe that is unforgiving at the best of times. What else can he do but put on foot in front of the next? He must find something, something that shall give him back who he is. He doesn't know where to start... "Soldier On" is a fantastical journey into the mind of a man that has lost everything that is himself. Along the way, he will meet a wide menagerie of people, from gods to cowboys, that will help and test him along the way. This short story is the first in "Broken Pieces" series of stories.

More by Greg Manuel

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment