Saturday, May 6, 2017

Sneak Peek

I am currently working on my first autobiography, title pending but I'm leaning toward:
Forgotten: An Autobiographical Anthology of Short Stories and Poetry, the Words of an Abused, Tortured, and Neglected Child

Here's a sneak peek. It is the beginning of one of the short stories to be included – the story of abduction at age seventeen and the subsequent, daring escape.

Would love your thoughts, so please take the time to leave a comment :)

______________

Tennessee Nightmares

I ran hard, strands of sweat-slicked, auburn hair clung to my face. My heartbeat, pounding in my eardrums like thunder, muted the crackling of crisp, dead leaves and the snapping of twigs as my bare feet hammered down on the cold, unyielding earth beneath me. I ran with clenched teeth and raw, reddened eyeballs that hadn't seen sleep for far too many nights. I ran, taking frantic, panicked looks behind me, terrified he had woke to find me gone, knowing he would come – I quickened my pace, fuelled by fear. I ran desperately searching for a way out of those horrifying woods and for someone to help me, anyone—



_____________

Also, follow my Author Page on Facebook for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment