Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Holly L Nicholls - Author Spotlight

Poetry Prompt Contest Winner
Name: Holly L Nicholls
Title: Nature



How did the picture prompt your poem?
Every day, we look into the mirror - we don’t see the changes we go through, yet every day that passes we are closer to death no matter what our belief or lifestyles are. The picture gave me the idea that every time we look into the mirror, we see death.

Holly L Nicholls... 

  • What genre(s) do you write?
I love to write Fantasy & Horror. But i’d like to give other genres a go at some point.


  • What genre(s) do you read? Mostly Fantasy, but the odd horror, suspense and biographies.


  • What made you want to become a writer?
I’ve always loved writing. I remember when i was at a young age (Maybe 9 or so) I wrote a little story about two brothers that had to travel across a kingdom to collect a jewel. I have no idea where the passion came from, all i know is i’ve always loved it.


  • What and /or Who inspires you to write?  
I have an avid imagination, my inspirations come from myself. My mind takes me on regular adventures and if i don’t write them down i’d quite possible go insane. On the other hand, i’d also love for my son to be proud of his mum, so that inspires me a lot too.

  • What is your favorite book?
The sight. By David Clement-Davies

  • What do you look for in a book? Lovable characters, an unparalleled villain and an hair-raising adventure!

  • What turns you away from a book?
Complex situations and a boring plot.

  • Who is your favorite author(s)?
J.K Rowling


Author Bio
Holly L Nicholls was born in Oxford, in 1992. Growing up being bullied and only having one friend, she turned to her creative side to keep herself happy and deal with the bullies. At the age of 13, she moved to Tewkesbury with her father, to live with his girlfriend and 3 children. She attended Tewkesbury Comprehensive, passing with flying colours in English. From there, she began to attend South Worcestershire College, doing hairdressing, Art & Design, and Ict. After College, she moved in with her boyfriend, and had their son 4 years into their relationship. Unfortunately after 6 years, the relationship failed, rendering her as a single mother, and suffered desperately with depression and suicidal thoughts. Three years on - She’s stronger than ever, and aiming for the sky!


19243350_1854648754862354_6331003718847608650_o.jpg

Read Holly's winning piece for the Poetry Prompt Contest: Nature






Writing Contests 



Write like it's criminal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment