Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Wm Paul DeMent - Author Spotlight


I am a working stiff by day, but an artist in life. An award winning artist, as well as a musician/singer, song writer and a lover of the written word. 


I read many different authors, although my Stephen King collection is by far the most complete, and I would credit Sai King for my interest in becoming a writer myself.

I wrote a few short stories when I was younger, just for fun, and many bits of prose and poetry,  but I always had a nagging little voice in the back of my head that told me to try my hand at a novel. 

My first attempt came in at just over a 1,000 pages, (no writers block here). I’ve written 5 others since, from paranormal/sci-fi, to action/adventure, all with a hopeful sense of humor, and teaching myself to whittle the story down as I go.

I now stay more towards the short story end of things, trying my hand at new genres as I go. I’ve never sought out publication, but share my work willingly with family and friends, and of course, on the writers group that I admin for, Writers Unite.

Be sure to read Wm Paul DeMent's story, Krisper's Legacy, a short story adaptation from his one act play of the same name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment